Sunday, May 1, 2011

Dresden Plate

What to do?   I started this thinking that I would make a table runner.   Now that I see it, I'm thinking more like turning it into the focus point of a new quilt by adding stems, leaves and then more of the same color for a border and going from there.    Unfortunately, I didn't notice that two of the colors are in the same place on the left and right plates until I looked at the photograph.  Oh well,  things happen and I'm not going to rip it out.   All that hand sewing.   LOL!

2 comments:

  1. Linda, I love the random placement much better than if you had 'planned' the order of the petals. Whatever you decide to do with this will be great.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still like the idea of making a tablerunner. How about coming up with a pieced border to compliment the plates. Don't cut the background away from the plates until you've got your border constructed. That way you can size the background to fit the borders instead of the other way around. Put squares in the corners. That way your borders will be the same size on two sides and the same size on the other two sides. The less calculating the better in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete