Monday, July 4, 2011

Dresden Plate . . . . continuation


This is my Dresden Plate quilt at this point.   Oops, I also put a border of green on it since I took this picture.   Jim and I went to two stores in search of some kind of fabric for the backing.    I think that perhaps I should have just ordered something online from the same line as the Dresden Plate but . . . ..  didn't.  LOL!

So, I have the backing but still have to do some work on the front before quilting.  Once I do the grass below the flowers, I can put the layers together.   I think I'm going to do SID on the squares and borders with the machine and then hand quilt in the squares and around the Dresden.  I have something special planned for the center of the Dresden but I'm still unsure how it will work.     Happy quilting !


No comments:

Post a Comment